We are currently seeking a Buyer to work for our client, a construction company based from their Leeds office.
Our client works on a variety of civil engineering and construction related projects and is seeking an individual to procure materials, consumables, plant and equipment.
Your responsibilities will include :
Economic and timely procurement of materials, consumables, plant and equipment for permanent and temporary
works in accordance with site requirements as detailed on the contract drawings, method statements, client
specification, contract programme and Network Rail possession timetables
* Economic and efficient procurement of maintenance, certification and calibration services as appropriate for
company vehicles, surveying instruments, measurement and cable detection devices etc
* Source and price supply chain services for the preparation of competitive tenders
* Monitor the manufacture and delivery of materials in order to comply with the site programme requirements
* 'Troubleshoot' price and quality issues with suppliers and deal with replacement of damaged or non-conforming
* Provide COSHH information and arrange appropriate technical support and practical advice to Site Management
teams for the competent utilisation and incorporation of the supply chain items within the contract works
* Liaise with the Construction Director and Commercial Director at all stages of the pre-contract and contract
works. Provide input to contract cost reports. Analyse and evaluate materials usage performance and prepare
feedback reports as directed
* Any other duties as may reasonably be required
Candidates will require a proven background in procurement within the construction industry, CIPS qualified, rail experience would be an advantage.
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Skills and experiencebuyer, buying, procurement, construction,
Established in 1984, Anderselite are leading technical recruitment experts to the built environment.
With seven regional offices across the UK our dedicated teams are perfectly positioned to provide permanent, temporary and contract blue and white collar recruitment services to a multitude of companies, large and small, within the Construction and Rail sectors.
Our team of recruitment consultants have a wealth of specialist industry experience and are experts in their field, each possessing high-levels of market insight in their niche sectors. They work in close partnership with our clients to provide strategic support in seeking the right people for their business. Furthermore, we are committed to ensuring our jobseekers receive guidance, support and expertise to help them find the next step in their career.
We are specialists who can help make employment decisions based on job history, current situation and what role is most suitable in the future enabling our candidates to reach their potential and chosen career path.