The GIS Manager will be working and leading part of survey department specialising in latest HDS and GIS technologies. TYou will will establish close relationship with the BIM department and create a data bridge between two departments for the fluent data flow.
Duties will include but not be limited to:
- Working with the Survey Manager and Senior Surveyor managing and planning HDS & GIS workload
- In conjunction with the Survey Manager develop process of validation and verification of existing pre design survey data and point clouds for the future utilisation
- Carrying out 3D laser scanning and GIS raw data collection at sites across the project using a range of the latest technologies
- Responsible for carrying out the surveys accurately, registering and processing the point cloud data
- Responsible for GIS data processing, producing 3D models of existing conditions as well as newly built
- Creating transparent internal data structure for easy access to raw data, point clouds, 3D models, GIS data…
- Manage and organise Project Wise upload data files and share with relevant stake holders and parties
- Bring non-conformances to the attention of the Survey Manager taking immediate corrective action whenever possible
Technical Competencies required
· Excellent English written and verbal communications skills
· Have a minimum of 3 years' relevant experience in a similar role within the construction or mining industries
· HDS experience (field, point clouds processing, Cyclone,)
· Knowledge and experience of Leica instrumentation (Viva, Nova, Captivate series, DNA03,...)
· Drafting software (Aecosim, Revit)
· Microsoft packages advanced level
· Control network, Least squares adjustment (Starnet)
· Tunnel experience (field, processing, Amberg software)
· Cloud works, Jetstream
· Project Wise
· Photogrammetry, GIS
Behavioural Competencies required
The key behavioural competencies required to perform the role well are outlined below.
· Analytical skills
· Organizational skills
· Technical expertise
· Decision making
· Stress management
Qualifications, Certifications and Experience required
· The post holder will be educated to degree or higher level in a surveying, engineering, mining or construction discipline. A lower educational level, typically HNC or HND may be acceptable where a significant level of experience in engineering surveying role can be demonstrated.
· Appropriate CSCS card type
· Chartership membership (ICES, RICS)
· Sentinel card
· Confined space training
· LU track awareness training
· SPC (Site person in charge)
Anderselite Ltd operates as both an Employment Agency and Employment Business.
Our non-discrimination policy can be viewed on our website at anderselite.com/non-discrimination-policy
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Established in 1984, Anderselite are leading technical recruitment experts to the built environment.
With seven regional offices across the UK our dedicated teams are perfectly positioned to provide permanent, temporary and contract blue and white collar recruitment services to a multitude of companies, large and small, within the Construction and Rail sectors.
Our team of recruitment consultants have a wealth of specialist industry experience and are experts in their field, each possessing high-levels of market insight in their niche sectors. They work in close partnership with our clients to provide strategic support in seeking the right people for their business. Furthermore, we are committed to ensuring our jobseekers receive guidance, support and expertise to help them find the next step in their career.
We are specialists who can help make employment decisions based on job history, current situation and what role is most suitable in the future enabling our candidates to reach their potential and chosen career path.