NEC Site Supervisor - Highways
Our client's Transportation Division is currently seeking NEC Site Supervisors to join the major projects team delivering a significant portfolio of construction projects in Gloucestershire. You will be working on highway projects being delivered under the Local Authority Framework Contract that we have with Gloucestershire County Council.
Roles And Responsibilities
* To act as Supervisor during the Construction phase as described under the NEC4 ECC or other form of contract
* To check works are carried out in compliance with the Works Information including testing of material and workmanship and observing tests carried out by the Contractor
* Manage the defects process, check and mark materials off site so as to protect the Employers interests
* To ensure a consistently high standard of quality control and supervision is maintained for each project, via site visits, assessing contract implementation with due regard to highway, health and safety and environmental legislation
* To provide a service at all times to the nominated NEC Project Manager by ensuring that the standards of work and the materials supplied by Contractor are as specified in accordance with the Works Information
* To undertake actions delegated by the NEC Project Manager
* To witness off site and on site testing and commissioning and keep appropriate records of results
* To comply with the legal responsibilities regarding health, safety, welfare and environmental issues and highway legislation
* To maintain records and data, operate and maintain information systems and undertake general administrative tasks
* To identify technical problems on site, to recommend corrective action and issue directions as authorised under the contract
* To assist the NEC Project Manager with managing contractors, sub-contractors, liaising with statutory utilities and dealing with technical queries
* To prepare schedules of defects and certify rectification of snagging items and
* To attend internal and external meetings, both on and off site as required.
* Working towards, or ideally, a Chartered or Incorporated member of the ICE, CIHT or similar.
* Minimum of 7-10 years experience in a construction supervisor role.
* Hold a relevant CSCS card or equivalent.
* Hold a valid UK driving licence.
Required Knowledge And Experience
* Extensive experience in implementing civil engineering highway works, including assessing temporary traffic management solutions and undertaking duties as required by the Conditions of Contract and other Agreements.
* Experience in inspecting, recording and reporting work relating to construction works and producing concise reports.
* Experience of providing specialist professional / technical advice related to construction and materials.
* Experience in the use of current design and construction standards and specifications.
* Experience in the application of CDM regulations and to manage H&S related obligations
* Experience in meeting with the general public, contractors' staff and statutory undertakers' representatives to discuss, develop, resolve and implement solutions.
* Taking a leadership role in health and safety training with instruction to staff and developers agents.
* Experiences of assisting with the assessment of developments were they impact or require highway to be extinguished, improved or created.
* Connecting countries, cities and communities, our Transportation team works on some of the most challenging projects of our time. Helping people to travel faster and more efficiently, we transform infrastructure. So, get on board and play a big part in our success.
* We'll value you for going beyond to exceed expectations and deliver innovative solutions nobody else can. After all, we can't achieve great things without you. So, you can look forward to fantastic rewards and development opportunities.
Setsquare is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Setsquare is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Applying For This Position
Unless otherwise stated, when applying for a job, you should ensure that you're already authorised to work in the country where the role is located.
There is never a need to provide your bank account details when applying for a job.
Trusted partners. Specialist construction solutions.
Established in 1987, Setsquare has consistently delivered on a consultative approach within the built environment for decades. We are experts in construction recruitment, it is what we know and understand.
Setsquare partners you at every stage of your construction career. We possess a long-standing track record within five areas of expertise:
• Building construction jobs
• Civil engineering jobs
• Consultancy & design jobs
• Facilities management & maintenance jobs
• Highways & infrastructure jobs
Through our network of offices across the UK, an expert knowledge of the domestic construction market allows us to deliver local opportunities that are right for you. Among our client base you’ll find local, regional, national and international contractors and public authorities.
Setsquare joined nGAGE Specialist Recruitment in February 2016. nGAGE is a leading UK-based recruitment group that operates 14 specialist recruitment businesses. With the backing of nGAGE, we have access to the technology and support structures that are enabling us to take our business to the next level.